Product Description & Reviews
Bake Artisan Bread in Your Own Oven Whether you are a seasoned bread baker or a novice, using a banneton will help you get a crispier loaf with a deliciously crunchy crust. This is because banneton baskets are made of natural cane and work by creating a slightly humid micro-climate between the dough and the banneton during proofing. As the dough dries it creates a skin, and this is what makes a superb crust on artisan bread. Professional bakeries use bannetons regularly to achieve the beautiful spiral effect on their artisan bread boules. For a smooth look of the loaf simply use the cloth liner that comes with this banneton. Bannetons are used for proofing the bread dough before baking (commonly referred to as the second rise). By containing the rising dough the basket prevents sideways spread so your loaf comes up taller, not wider. Spirals of the basket create a beautiful pattern of flour that contrasts with score marks (made right before baking to help the loaf expand). Our bannetons come with a handy flexible bowl scraper, which is very helpful in removing all of your sticky dough from the bowl when you're ready to shape your bread. Before using our banneton be sure to read the Use and Care Instructions provided in a PDF format. Get one of these bannetons now and treat yourself to a fresh crispy loaf baked in your own kitchen. You will be so pleased with the results you will want to buy a second one!
Features & Highlights
- THE MUST-HAVE TOOLS for successful breadmaking! The same woven banetton proving baskets are used by professional artisan chef baker to achieve award winning crispy loaves. Just see the photos that were proofed in this rattan banaton basket and bake in our own home kitchen.
- THE TRADITIONAL BANNETONS bowls spiral wicker creates a beautiful flour pattern on the crispy crust for a classic French Bratform look. Line the proofer basket with cloth linen to achieve a smooth looking European style bakery batard boule crust. Don't forget to use your own lame bread slashing tool (not included) to score the dough to help proof and make beautiful crust designs.
- IDEAL SIZE for a perfectly-sized loaf of bread (works for up to 2 lbs pounds of dough) - approx. 8.5 inch (D) x 3.5 inch (H). This set comes with a FREE 1 pcs flexible dough scraper accessories to help scrape out every ounce of dough including recipes with sourdough starter, flour, water, salt and yeast recipe or like No Knead by Lahey, gluten free recipes.
- EVERY LOAF HAS A STORY to tell when you're bread making at home using our baneton before dough is put inside your 4 quart dutch oven with lid or a dome la cloche or clay bread baking pan cooker or warming stone and more (these items are not included).
- SAFE & HEALTHY FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY! Handcrafted, handmade from eco friendly unbleached natural cane (food-safe and non toxic, complies with EU food standards and passed all safety testing). We also provide care instructions in pdf format so you can have a peace of mind about using your bannetone.
|Manufacturer:||Indigo True Company|
|Brand:||Indigo True Company|
|Publisher:||Indigo True Company|
|Studio:||Indigo True Company|
|Package Weight:||0.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||9 x 3.8 x 3.8 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Indigo True Company, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.